Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fox and Wolf: The Beginning

The sun was hot; it boiled his already leathery and scabbed skin. He rubbed his eyes, and when he took his hands away he was in shadow. “Get up Wolf.” The voice was deep and monotone, yet somehow commanding and frightening. “Where is my fucking money?”
“I don’t have it.” Felix Wolf rolled over onto his knees and before getting up, balled up his fists with dirt. “Look Damon, people don’t do blow anymore, they have no money for it, and they’re too concerned with finding food.”
Damon puffed out his chest, he was an enormous beast of a man, and it was for that reason that he was the tribe leader. His shaved head glistened in the sun, and his eyes appeared black because they were sunken so far into his face. Wolf stood a good foot shorter than Damon, but in that moment he could have sworn that they were standing eye to eye. For the first time in a long while, Wolf, studied Damon’s face. It was fat and dumb looking, like a football player, or a boxer who had been hit too many times. His nose was flat on his face, and he wore a grin that would eventually get him killed.
“Did I ask your opinion? Hmm, Wolf? No, I asked you where my fucking money was.”
“And I told you, you dumb brute, I don’t have it, but what I do have, is your drugs, so how about I give those back to you, and Fox and I leave.”
Damon let out an earth-shattering laugh. “That’s not how it works you little shit. If you want to eat this week, you do as I say, and I say sell those drugs and give me my money, or starve, I don’t care one less mouth to feed, but there is no leaving this tribe.”
Wolf had had enough, he hated selling drugs, no one even used them anymore, except for pot. People were too focused on finding food these days. And wolf was hungry, for food, but right now he was hungry for something else, blood. It was like something had gone *click! In his brain and everything was clear. Killing Damon would solve all problems. He held up his middle finger in front of Damon’s face mouthed a “fuck you” to him, and shoved his hands full of dirt into Damon’s nose and mouth. He then quickly grabbed his makeshift knife, and cut Damon’s neck open.
Damon did not go down however, instead; he rushed at Wolf and knocked him to the ground. He proceeded to punch wolf in the face over and over, each blow was lighter than he last though, and before Wolf had been fully knocked out, Damon collapsed onto him, dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment